Locations of several Supermarkets on both French and Dutch sides of the island.
Sunsail/Moorings Provisioning must be done at least 30 days before sailing.
For the Sunsail Boats: http://www.sunsail.com/optional-extras/food-beverage (updated
For the Moorings Boats: https://www.moorings.com/charter-guide/provisioning (updated 12/8/16)
On the Sunsail/Moorings Base you will find:
- Mini market: 5/10 minute walking distance; a small convenience store (no fresh food). It tends to be expensive.
- Oyster Bay grocery: on the other side of the marina, access by dinghy. Open from 9.00am to 10.00pm.
- Aux Pains d’épices:
5 minutes walking distance. Open from 6.30am to 8.30pm
If you wish to self provision there are several Supermarkets nearby:
French Side – St. Martin (prices and payment in Euros or US dollars)
- Super U grocery store - in Howell Center, Marigot. 25 minute drive from base. Box store similar to Costco.
- Monop – on Union Road. 20 minute drive from base. Smaller, upscale French grocery similar to Trader
Joe’s. Good selection of French items.
Dutch Side – Sint Maarten (prices and payment in Guilders, Euros or US dollars)
- Carrefour Grocery - in Cole Bay(#53
Union Road). 15 minute drive from base. Best selection and prices on island. Have a GF section. (Was the Le Grande Marche until remodel last year.
- Cost –U-Less – 72 Bush Road, Cul-de-Sac. Box store
similar to Costco.
- Fresh Market – #2, Johan Vermeer Street.10 minute drive from base. Good selection. Smaller than Carrefour.